Designation: Senior Product Manager – Services Delivery Infrastructure
Function/Group: Product Management
Experience: 9-12 Yrs
Why should you join us?
Tally is building software for the biggest change in the history of governance – ever. The impact of these software products shall be felt across millions of businesses, with over a million businesses already being customers of Tally.
This business software operates at an unprecedented scale and at great speeds and reliability that have been come to be known as ‘Tally-grade’. This requires fast, scalable, dependable, and secure core infrastructure product components. We are looking for a product manager to build a next generation of these.
Context of the role
You shall own a critical set of product components in Tally’s Connected Banking & Digital Payments, one of the key elements in building and delivering the Tally experience at scale and blazing speed.
You shall be involved in the planning, design, building, and operation of these product components and shall interface with customers, stakeholders, developers, DevOps, engineering leads, architects, and be actively involved in the architecture yourself.
What will you be doing?
- Planning more than one large product components with a deep appreciation for technical details
- Active involvement in product component architecture and design – where you work with some of the finest developers
- Creating specifications with prioritization with a deep awareness of Tally’s way of building products
- Active involvement in sprint planning, running bug fests, handling triages, and interfacing with multiple teams to ensure that the components you build serve the broader purpose they are designed for
- Creation of product roadmaps for your product components and contributing to the roadmap of the broader product management org that you are a part of
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to go deep down into technical details in order to architect and design well while staying focused on the larger business outcome of the product component
- Ability to create detailed product specifications that can be picked up by architects and product designers
- Ability to view the string of product components you would own, as a business with an accountability for enhancing the efficiency, usability, and profitability of Tally’s products
- Ability to work with a variety of colleagues such as developers, architects, fellow product managers, product marketers, business development personnel, and product support personnel
- Ability to conceptualize solutions to hard computing problems
- Ability to present your stance and views to senior executives
- Ability to take critical feedback and work towards continuous improvement with a sharp focus on outcomes – aka the ability to focus on winning a war even if it is at the expense of battles
Also looking for?
- Contributed to building products for cloud operations or cloud-scale operations
- Reasonable experience (say 7 – 10 years) so that you can demonstrate the outcome of your abilities and their application
- A fanatic love for technology and a flair to think around core technology challenges – faster databases, faster communication, better API management, better security and more
- Experience in owning or building products on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Bluemix, Cloud Foundry, and Digital Ocean etc.
- Some experience in building enterprise SaaS applications
- Some experience in writing code or designing and managing databases
- Studied computer science and engineering as an undergrad course or more (we are also fine if you are a self-taught geek who has the aforementioned abilities)