Role : Lead -Cloud Infra Architect
Function/Department: Engineering/ Cloud Operations
Experience : 10-14 yrs
The Lead Cloud Infra Architect will be part the Cloud Engineering and Operations team that has an exciting and challenging mission to help Tally deliver the next generation cloud platform and SaaS to millions of businesses and billions of transactions. This position offers significant growth opportunities and increased responsibility over time. Responsibilities will range from Tools and Technologies strategy, design, build, secure, scale, automate and adoption for large scale multi-system SaaS environments in public/private clouds that are secure, stable, auto-scalable and always ON working closely with Product Architects.
What will you be doing?
- Work on infrastructure strategy, architect compute, storage, network, security infrastructure and tools and technologies for public and private cloud environments for 100% service availability, large scale auto-scalable, vendor agnostic public, private cloud environments with the lowest TCO (total cost of ownership)
- Collaborate with product engineering and QA teams especially with Product Architects to design, build, secure, scale, automate to achieve target product and cost objectives.
Capacity and Performance Management
- Develop capacity and performance frameworks and institutionalize practices of sizing and capacity forecasts
- Manage asset lifecycle management and cost of operations
Tools and Technologies
- Evaluate the best of breed of tools that suit Tally’s product and cloud principles, adopt and standardize for all 4 stage environments
- Design, build automation frameworks and drive through site reliability engineering for developing and rolling out the automations
- Build Infra Architectures to ensure compliance with industry standards such as, PCI, SAS70 or ISO27001
- Ensure third party audits are successful
- Identify and drive transformations and improvements for financial efficiencies for the lowest TCO
- Participate in problem management and drive continues improvement in the infrastructure and product layers
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
Who are we looking for?
- 8-12 years of hands-on experience over a wide range of infrastructure technologies supporting large scale mission-critical IaaS and SaaS environments serving millions of users
- 4+ years of experience in design, build and automate Cloud Infrastructure and Tools (Devops, CI/CD, Monitoring, Log management, Big data, etc.)
- Experience in security management and compliance, e.g. PCI, ISO 27001 or SAS70 compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- Expert level knowledge of Linux or Unix system administration
- Strong knowledge of compute, storage, network and security architecture
- Strong knowledge and expertise in Service Oriented Architectures, virtualization and managing hybrid cloud based virtualized infrastructure
- Skilled in at least one of the tools/technology in each category
- Public clouds: AWS, Azure or SoftLayer
- Deployment & Configuration mgmt: Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
- Scripting language: Shell, PHP, Python, Go or Perl.
- Log management: Logstash, Syslog, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Monitoring: Ganglia, Graphite, Nagios or similar
- Ability to understand technical issues and translate those issues in terms of business/customer organizational needs
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills
- Proven ability in managing multiple competing tasks and objectives
- Ability to make and drive decisions in fast paced environment
- Knowledge in container technology such as Docker is an added advantage
- Experience with load balancers, caching layers and real-time event processing
- Experience with big data systems, such as, Hadoop or Cassandra
- Familiarity with encryption technologies, key management, etc.
- Capacity planning and performance tuning